Have You Ever…
… wondered where do you begin?
… wondered what your market was?
… wanted to offer special events and festivals?
… had a board that lacked direction or vision?
… thought about how to offer incentive programs to attract downtown housing and new commercial development?
Then You Need…
A visit from a Technical Assistance Team (TAT) offered by the NCDDA. These teams composed of professional downtown managers, offer a variety of services to help communities evaluate their needs and develop a plan of action. They follow the successful four point approach of the National Main Street Center: Organization, Design, Economic Restructuring and Promotion.
TAT’s offer two types of services:
1) A two to three-day visit, usually consisting of three seasoned professionals who visit your community and interview, evaluate and present a plan of action based on their findings.
2) A one-day visit of one to two seasoned professionals who are specialists in a particular area of concern related to your community.
Board Development and Training – includes annual evaluation, planning, annual work plans and other organizational issues.
Overall Look at Program or Downtown – based on the National Main Street Center four-point model, a team can develop a plan for downtown revitalization based on Economic Development, Design, Promotion and Organization.
Specialized Building Concept and Streetscapes – developing plans and studies for proposed projects that need design assistance and planning.
Volunteer Training and Development.
Planning and Development for Special Events and Festivals.
Costs of a TAT Visit
Service prices are based on the specific assistance requested. Visits typically run from one to three days and TAT fees depend on the number of professionals, expenses and the specific assignment.
Example TAT Reports (Click to download)
- St Pauls – 2 day Building Facade Design Workshop
- Granite Quarry – 2 day team visit and comprehensive recommendations
- Pinehurst – 3 day visit and recommendations
- Smithfield – 3 day visit to examine the development feasibility of the former Gabriel Johnston Hotel
For more information concerning costs, client references or how to schedule a TAT visit for your community, please contact email@example.com or contact:
Vice President/Technical Assistance (2015-2017)
Brian Borne, Assistant City Manager, Director of Downtown, Parks & Recreation
City of Monroe
(704) 292.1705 or (704) 282.4659